Last January, Chevrolet made a big splash with the unveiling of the new C7 Corvette. This month, Chevrolet made another big statement with the reveal of the 2015 Corvette Z06 Stingray at last week’s Detroit Auto Show.
The 2015 Corvette Z06 takes the Corvette to supercar level with 625 horsepower and a 6.2L V8 engine. The 2015 Corvette Z06 produces the most downforce of not only any car ever produced by General Motors, but by any car ever tested by General Motors.
We’ve collected several news from around the web to recap the reveal of this amazing car.
- Check out this walkaround video from Chevrolet’s YouTube channel:
- You can visit Chevrolet’s official page about the 2015 Corvette Z06 here.
- Jalopnik has an early review of the Z06 here, a Q&A with Z06 Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and a brief history of each version of the Z06.
- Edmunds.com has a First Look at the Z06 and includes this statement from Juechter: “The question, says Tadge Juechter, Corvette chief engineer, isn’t how close the 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 will come to matching the performance of the outgoing ZR1, but rather how badly it will obliterate its performance.”
- Road and Track weighed in with “5 Things you need to know about the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.”
- Autoblog posted a video showing just how powerful the Corvette Z06 will sound.